Forms and Applications

If you are looking for a form or application please check out our list of downloadable forms: 

An alcohol permit is necessary to sell alchoholic beverages at special events. Submit the completed application along with $5 per event to City Hall. 

A building permit is needed for new construction, including homes, garages, sheds and other outbuildings. It is also needed for decks and fences built in the city. Replacement of roofs, siding, and windows do not require a permit.  Complete the application and submit it to City Hall along with the following fee:

$10 for improvements under $1,000

$25 for improvements over $1,000

The city may levy other charges to defray the cost of building inspection, appraisal, preliminary and final plat review, as deemed necessary by the city auditor/mayor. For zoning application, conditional use permits and variances a fee of $30 shall be paid to the city to defray the cost of advertising and mailing of public hearing notices. 

A charitable gaming permit is needed for any charitable gaming taking place in the city limits. This includes, raffles, bingo and drawings. Complete application and submit to city hall, along with $5 fee per event. 

A pet license is needed for dogs and cats residing in town. Turn in the completed application along with $10 per pet before May 1st or $15 per pet after May 1st of each year. 

A property complaint form can be filled out to file a complaint for property violations, such as accumulation of junk, dangerous building(s), suspicious noise or activity, or a dangerous animal. 

A Renaissance Zone Application is needed to apply for tax incentives when doing new construction or renovations to property within the city's Renaissance Zone. 

To rent the City Hall building complete the rental application and return to the city auditor. See application for applicable fees.  

A vacation hold form may be filled out by a resident planning to be absent for more than 60 days and would like to place the utilities on hold. Please turn in to city hall at least one week before departure. 

Frequently Asked Questions

What is the process for getting a building permit?

Take a moment to read all required information provided. Then print and fill out the building permit application form and return to city hall.  Should you have any additional questions, please feel free to give us a call or send us an email.  We will be happy to help you.