Forman, ND 58032  |  Sitemap

Permits and Forms

All of the forms below are in .pdf format and can be opened and filled with Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can print a filled form with Acrobat Reader (free version), but you will need Adobe Acrobat Pro to save a filled form.

If you cannot find the form, license or permit you are looking for, please contact City Hall.

Application to Sell Alcoholic Beverages at Special Events

This permit is necessary for any event where alcohol will be served.  Download and complete the Alcohol Permit Application.  Then submit it along with the $5 fee per event to City Hall.

Building Permit Application

Permit application for new construction, including homes, garages, sheds and other outbuildings, decks and fences, in Forman ND.  Download and complete the Building Permit Application.  Then submit it along with any applicable fees to City Hall.


For building permits for additions, alterations or new construction the permit fees consist of:

  • $10.00 for improvements under $1,000
  • $25.00 for improvements over $1,000

The city may levy other charges to defray the cost of building inspection, appraisal, preliminary and final plat review, as deemed necessary by the City Auditor/Mayor.  For zoning application, conditional use permits, and variances, a fee of $30.00 shall be paid to the city to defray the cost of advertising and mailing of public hearing notices.

Replacement of roofs, siding and windows do not require a building permit.

Charitable Gaming Permit

Permit application for any charitable gaming conducted in Forman, ND, including raffles, bingo, and drawings.  Download and complete the Charitable Gaming Form and submit it with the $5 fee per event to City Hall.

City Hall Rental

City Hall has a newly renovated spacious kitchen and a large community meeting hall used for public and private gatherings.  Download and complete the City Hall Rental Agreement and submit it to City Hall with the appropriate fee to reserve your space.

Dog or Cat License

After downloading and completing the Pet License Application, remit it to City Hall, either in person or by mail, with the following:

  • The completed application form
  • Appropriate fee:
    • $10.00 per pet before May 1st
    • $15.00 per pet May 1st or later
  • Proof of rabies vaccination signed by a licensed veterinarian

Fishing and Hunting Licenses

More information is available in the Recreation Section…

Property Complaint Form

Use the Complaint Form to file a complaint for property violations, such as accumulation of junk, dangerous building, suspicious activity, noise, or dangerous animal.

Renaissance Zone Project Application

This program assists property owners by providing income tax incentives through the state and property tax incentives through the city. The goal is to revitalize the older section of town by promoting updates and improvements to buildings in need of reconstruction or to have new houses and buildings constructed.

More information….

Utility Application Form

The Utility Application Form includes application and fees for water, sewage, garbage, and recycling as well as an automatic payment application.

Vacation Hold Form

If you leave for 60 days or more, you can place your utility account on a vacation hold status until you return.  Download and complete the Vacation Hold Form and return it to city hall at least one week before departure.

| Back to top |

Current Weather

30° F

Upcoming Events

Feb 12

City Council Meeting

February 12 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
Mar 12

City Council Meeting

March 12 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
Apr 09

City Council Meeting

April 9 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm